GSS_300508_310508
GSS_310508






Today's weather wasn't good. It was extremely cold. I had my breakfast in my room as usual at 8a.m. After breakfast, Janet and I set off to meet the rest at the lobby at 9a.m for stained glass workshop, medieval Castle of "Chacenay" and Champagne Cellar. Btw, we were quite unfortunate to have some indian students that have those "indian smell" along for the visit of "Champagne-Ardennes". The smell was super strong! I seemed to be holding on my breathe when they were in front of me. =X
At the stained glass workshop, it was filled with lots of expensive pieces of either restored or not restored stained glass. 1cm x 1cm of one fully restored stained glass already costs 1000 euros. So can you imagine how much a complete piece of stained glass worth?! The person in-charge introduced the various stained glass and the way they were restored for Chathedrals. He also introduced to us the types of tools he used to cut the glasses, so as to made very precise cutting. He used clear glass for demostration as it was the cheapest. We were then divided into 2 groups to take turn to enter a room to see a demostration using different types of brushes made from animals to restore those stained glass with precision. We also learnt that every setting up of a cathedral, the windows layout of the Cathedral will be sent to the workshop for design.
At around 11 a.m, we set off to a countryside to have our lunch. It was raining quite heavily. We finally decided to have our lunch at Essoyes. However, the restuarant was crowded. We had to wait in the rain and watch people eating in the restuarant! I was feeling cold and hungry. At 1.30p.m, we got our sit at last. I had mushroom pizza. It was super yummy! 1.30pm was the initial time for us to move off to visit the medieval castle of "Chacenay". Sarah, who was smoking her nth number of cigarettes, decided to push the visit to after the visit of the Champagne Cellar. Merci Beaucoup, Sarah! You are a great planner!
At 3p.m, we set off to the Champagne Cellar at Baroville. We had a tour around the entire of the Champagne cellar - Starting from the input of the different grapes into their respective production machines to produce different wines, to the various stages in wine production. Basically, there were 3 types of grapes they pick for their wine production. It was really a very tedious job to manufacture good quality wines. No wonder wines are so Expensive back in Singapore. I must cherish the chance here to drink cheap but good wine. After the tour, it was champagne tasting. We had a glass of the "tradition" Champagne. It tasted great, much more nicer than white or red wine. lol. ^^
We reached the medieval castle of "Chacenay" at 5p.m. It was a very old castle. It wasn't as big as Versailles. Some of the monument there was not restored and they are indeed antique. Also, the animals' heads that were hunted are all in good condition ( as real as what it is). Besides, there are antique telephone, vacuum cleaner..etc that had been left and preserved in the castle. The castle's church was old and is half restored. Oh ya! The owner of the castle was a handsome man! Actually, it was kinda of weird to find family photo of them around the living room of such grand and cultural castle. haha. =X The man should be a billionaire, to be able to live in such remarkable castle. The tour guide presented us the various firing weapons they used during the middle France century. It was an interesting castle with rich history. Outside the castle, there is a 38m deep well. It was quite a pity that no photo-taking were allowed.=(
We then set off back to our hostel. We bid goodbye with Sarah. It was her that has made our 2 weeks stay in Troyes and 3 days in Paris an exciting and pleasant one! Once again, MERCI BEAUCOUP Sarah, you are great! We had wafercake and peach as dinner. I continued my packing. Once Janet and I were done with our bag, we went to Nadiah and Catherine's room to view pictures and had korean lesson conducted by Nadiah. lol. We stayed for a while and then went to sleep after that. We intended to wake up early at 4.15am to see sunrise. Let's see whether if it's successful. lol.
GSS_300508
Time flew fast! It was the last day of school at UTT!=( I woke up at my usual time to wash face, brush teeth and eat breakfast. The last day of project management was quite happening. It was Raphael's birthday. We sang birthday song for him. Also, one of Gss mate, Cameille, hand drew a birthday card for him with all our signed messages. He looked happy and surprise. lol. =) After that, I had french lesson. Once again, I was completely lost as soon as she started blabbing in her world of French. Worse still, she asked me what I saw in the lake that goes:"qu'avez-vous vu au lac hier ?" And I am suppose to answer back to her in French that goes:"J'ai vu le canard". -.- At that moment, there was no one to help me. I felt quite helpless. In the end, I managed to get it somehow. lol. Finally, the lesson ended. We then headed to university restuarant to have our last lunch in UTT. We chose a wrong dish. We thought that the sausage was pork or chicken, but it turned out to be PIG INTESTINE! -.- It was super disgusting! Luckily there was still French Fries, bread and dessert. Right after lunch was the last lecture of French civilisation! Whoo~~~ It was sian once again. At least, it wasn't not as dry as past lecture. Because it has moved to our century, which was more relevant. We bought a "cherry" coca cola to drink during our break. lol. It tasted almost the same as normal one lo, maybe only a little bit of cherry taste. French civiliasation soon ended. We then had feedback session with Christine and Raphael. It was a rather informal feedback session. lol. I think Raphael was a nice person. I think i will miss the time we had with him. We then went to use internet till 7p.m. I had maggi mee as my dinner. In the evening, Nadiah, delphine, catherine and hanteng came to our room to play and chit chat. At around 10 to 11, some of the americans came up( Sam and the guy that wore L cap) for a chat. They showed us what they have done during their outdoor trip - Bungee Jump off a cliff. It was super cool! I hope I have a chance to do that too.! They even had a video of the jumping progress. Janet, GinJin and I were in 301 room gosisping. Gin Jin and I were try ing very hard to stop Janet from sleeping. Our dear Janet need a lot of sleep to clear her heavy eyebag. At 1 plus, we went to sleep.
<< Home