European Wonder_220608-250608
Ciao to the room of Camping Roma.It was a super hot day (40°C). After breakfast, we took our coach and head north through Tuscany and over the Apennine mountains to Venice. Upon reaching Venice, we stopped over at ancient Verona - The place where Romeo and Juliet played out their tragic love affair. We had a walking tour and we saw Juliet's balcony. Also, we saw the sculpture of the 14 years old Juliet (Giulietta). I bought a pick cap and had gelato ice-cream. hehe.^^ It's very enjoying to eat ice-cream when it's a very hot day. Oh ya, I forget to mention the water over at Italy. haha. There are a lot of water filling tap around. Initially at FLORENCE, we thought the water coming out from the weird sculpture are for washing or other purposes. In the end, Blake told us to fill our water using those tap, we then understand why there are so many water tap with water flowing non-stop. Their purposes are to make sure people hydrate themselves in such hot weather. Interesting, isn't it? After the walking tour at Verona, we took our coach again and soon we reached Venice! =) We had dinner at Camping Alba D'oro. The americans have their night life at the bar again as the beer there were very cheap! lol. We, as usual, don't go to the bar, so we went back took bath and rest.
We are at Roman Forum!
The metro station of Rome
I am here at Camping Village Roma Today, we have the entire day for ourselves at ROME. At 7.30 a.m. after Breakfast, we took our coach to the nearest metro station. Most people went to visit the Vatican in the morning as it is an opportunity to see some of the finest works of art in the world - the paintings in the Sistine Chapel. Due to the limited cash we have, we decided not to visit, instead we went walking around taking pictures. Rome street is super big! Because we made a wrong turn and we ended up walking a very very big round seeing nothing but the walls of the Vatican Museums. -.- We then took a metro to Colosseo. At that moment, we have our "ling gan" - to shit! Well, it's hard to find toilet. So we went to a cafe. I think the service crews must be very surprised because our first question was not asking the price of the food, but the direction to the toilet! Lol. Well, after the release, we all felt comfortable! To credit the shop, we bought chips from them. ^^ We then proceeded to Colosseo. Kristie and I did Jump shot again. lol. I think the people around must be having a good time watching us jump. lol. After that, we took a walk around. We went to Roman Forum, places of the Italian Renaissance that have been left after the late 15th century, Italian Wars and the tomb of the unknown soldiers! The tomb of the unknown soldiers makes me recalled of the tomb of unknown soldiers in Paris, France. Not forgetting to drop by the Trevi Fountain again, it was super crowded with tourists! It is mentioned that a coin of 1 euro thrown to the fountain u will return to Rome, 2 coins thrown u will find ur love, 3 coins thrown u will marry an italian man. lol. After that, we went walking around the street. There are a lots of branded shop like Gucci, Louis Vulton, etc. It was too pricy for us to buy, only for our eyes to view. lol. We had Macdonald today. I ordered a meal that was not suitable for me to eat. Forcing it down, in the end I vomitted everything. Well, what a waste of money. I should have persisted to eat other stuffs instead. We then went to purchase postcard and find a shop that Gin Jin wanted to buy something from. It was an endless walk and it was simply impossible to find that shop. I was a little impatient, irritated and annoyed then, especially after a bad lunch, it has worsened my mood too. I just keep silent during the entire finding. Finally, we head back to the camping ROMA. We had Pasta and coffee cake made by the top deck chef at Camping Roma. Janet and I then went around taking photos at the Campsite before we bath and rest.
Camping Girasole
I am holding onto the key to the room. ^^
The place where we had our breakfastI am playing with the swing
We have had a good breakfast in the restuarant of Camping Girasole. After the good meal, we set off to FLORENCE. We were each given a FLORENCE information sheet.
Basic Language: Grazie (Thank You); Ciao (hello/goodbye); Si (yes); No (no); Prego (u're welcome); Quanto costa? (How much?); Parla inglese? (Do u speak english?); etc
We had a walking tour with a local Italian guide. We saw the Ponte Vecchio Duomo Cathedral, Uffizi Gallery and Santa Croce - the burial place of Michelangelo. FLORENCE is famous for its shopping, of course. haha. We went for the leather demostration. There are really a lot of knowledge to learn to differentiate between a real and fake leather. Often, demostrator would just use a flame over the leather and mention that if the leather do not burnt, it is real leather. In fact, all these were wrong! Real leather must use our sense of touch. We must rub against the cloth and the leather to feel the friction caused by the uneven leather skin, that feel would then proved that it is real. I bought 2 leather wallet with their name encraved for both of my parents.
I thought of buying a bag for myself, but it was quite pricy for me to afford right. hai! I would want to come back some time again if I have the chance! The encraving took quite some time. And we were late once again. We grabbed some sandwiches as we headed back to bus. I had bus sickness again. -.- I ended up sleeping after one mouth bite of the sandwiches. Soon, we were on our way to Rome - The home of Vatican City, St. Peter's Cathedral and the Colosseum.! It was already afternoon time when we reached Rome. We had a walking tour around Rome before we headed to Camping Roma. The walking tour includes the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, the ancient Roman Forum, the massive Victor Emmanuel Monument, and the Colosseum. The place was very nice! ^^ But the weather was hot! -.- After the tour, we went to our camping Roma.
Departing Switzerland! =(
TopDeck coach
The makan place!
The street of PISA!
The street of PISA!
Dessert - Cookies and Cream gelato ice-cream
Kristie's facial expression after the strong lemon shot! We woke up early to get our backpack ready. We had our breakfast and then set off to our next stop, ITALY-Pisa, to visit the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. Leaving behind the mountains of Switaerland, we were on our way to ITALY. It was quite hot over there. As soon as we get down from the bus to visit the leaning tower, I can really feel the heat!


At Leonardo Leather, he is the encraver that day.


Our starter - Spag
Main course - Pizza.
<< Home