MISS TAY BLOGSPOT

mY jouRney mY Life... that's wHO i aM... tHe footpRinTs left Behind...

Saturday, June 14, 2008

GSS_090608-140608

GSS_140608
We reached!!! Kristie taking the shot!
The cozy hotel room!
Rabbit!!!
Tram on its way

Mercedes Taxi!!

The Hotel that we took almost an hour or two to find!
We are at Frankfurt!

Asian food?!

We were only able to catch a 4hours of sleep. Our train would be departing at 6.21a.m. from compeigne to Gare du nord. We met up with SQ to board the 0621 train. SQ left us as we were taking a metro to Gare du Les, where the train to Frankfurt was. We were early. I was feeling hungry already! -.- I must have used a lot of energy in the process of squeezing my backpack! lol. We then board the train at platform 4 at 9a.m. In the midst of the trip to Frankfurt, we had to change to another train. It was super chaotic! The new train does not have the same number sequence as the initial we had board. -.- With our heavy backpack, we carried from cabin to cabin in order to find our seat! It took us quite sometimes to find our seat. At last, we reached Frankfurt train station! We were all elated when we saw Kristie! lol. We took some photos together. Kristie then help us to buy tram tickets. We took a very long time to locate that CENTRAL HOSTEL! Different people gave us different direction. In the end, we ended up walking round and round carrying the backpack that weigh like gold! -.- Almost went crazy finding the place! When we finally found it, it was already near 3p.m! -.- At least the room they gave us was cosy! We then head straight for lunch! We travelled to town and I had rice at Asian food centre. Finally rice! After so long of bread in France. lol. After our stomach were filled, we went to a sport complex and Gin Jin bought a pair of shoes there. It cost 35 euros. It was quite reasonable as it was a germany brand. We then walked around and had ice-cream at 0.80euros for a scoop. Yummy!!^^ I had cookies and raspberries flavour. After that we went back to train station to grab some tidbits! Also, we bought bretzel as it was recommended by Kristie! before getting back, we took a group photo at the Big Euro sign.=) After which, we took the tram back to our hostel. We took turn to take bath meanwhile we watched Euro2008. After the hot bath, we soon turn in to sleep.

GSS_130608

I was supposed to wake up to study, but I ended up packing my backpack. At 9a.m, we took bus N°3/4 to Research de UTC. We will be having a 2 hours exam over there. The exam has 3 section: One is Reflection, one on Project Management(copy from notes) and an essay for design culture. -.- What a weird exam! After that, we had a farewell snack party. We took quite a lot of photos. We three along with cameille went to the bakery to grab some bread. We bought hotdog baguette. That was the best baguette that I have ever had! I should have one myself instead of sharing! We then head back to school to use the computer till 3.30pm. We then went back to pack our backpack and did some laundry that cost 6 euros. I had my last packet of horfun as dinner. Amy and Joanne came to our room to have their dinner once again. =) After eating, we got ourselves ready and then set off to view a concert that have a horse exhibition. I was expecting a troop of horses to be present, but only one horse was there performing. =( The weather then was not very good. It was drizzling a little! It was cold! We also met our French teacher at the open concert. She had a red outfit on herself! lol. We watched the concert for a while. Due to the coldness and tiredness, we bid goodbye to all our GSS frenx. As we were preparing to sleep, a knock came on our door. It was HT. He wanted to know the score of the football match that had ended. John came in too as he found that we were the only people that has gotten back. He missed his train to Paris as he do not know how to return his room key. In the end, he stayed in our room till ard 1 am. After that, we went straight to catch some sleep.

GSS_120608


I woke up early at 5a.m. to draft out my speech. lol. At 8.30am, we prepared to set off for our visit to Poclain Hydraulics company at Verberie. When we reached, we were told to wear a big pair of shoes that looks like Crocs for protection. Then, it was another round of boring talk about the company. I was only awaken when it was time to have some refreshment. lol! After that, we went into the rain to view some sample work display on the road. It was freezing cold! I was stoning away as the person-in-charge conducted the explanation of their display. After which, we entered the production line. It was boring! Finally, we returned back to Compeigne at 12p.m. We three went to bakery to have our lunch. I shared a baguette with Janet and a pain de chocolat. We then went back UTC to do some editing on some our slides. After that, we proceeded to Research de UTC for our presentation. We need to take bus N°5 in order to reach there. =( We reached there on time. But the setting up took almost an hour. -.- In the end, we used SX labtop for all the groups presentation. The first group took the longest time. I almost fallen asleep. When it's our turn, we presented our slides by reading from the script that we have prepared. Phew! It ended fast. The most funniest presentation was the last one. Because eric kept elaborating non-stop though there wasn't not much to elaborate. It's time for a farewell dinner. We source around for a good restuarant . We then went to a french restaurant that gave serving that were small in its portion. The food there was very salty too. That made me ate quite a few bread. We took quite a few photos over there. After that, we went back to hostel and started mugging for the exam the next day. I was supposed to study, but I slept at 11p.m. -.-

GSS_110608
I woke up super early today! I finished up my last packet of hofun with spag sause. It tasted not bad. haha. I then went downstair to call home. After calling, I noticed that it was still early so I decided to go back to school to find my thumbdrive. But... All the gates of the school were closed. I had no choice but to make my way back. On my way back, I chanced upon the morning market on the street of the road. A few minutes later after I was back, we set off to school. Janet rushed to school to help me find my thumbdrive, while Gin Jin and I went to purchase the train ticket to Paris, Gare de nord. Btw, the person at the train ticket booth do not know how to communicate in English! We had quite a tough time to buy our train tickets. When we reached the school, Janet met us at the entrance looking sad. I thought my thumbdrive was gone. But... she tricked me. lol. Thank you, Janet for retrieving my thumbdrive back! =) At last, it was the last lesson of the French course! Overall, french lesson can be considered as the most fun lesson as there were more involvement compared to the other lesson structure. The most funny part was when she choose people out to make some conversation. Amy's "45 degree head lowering" was quite good, applying that she did not called us. Not like on the other day, I kept being called by her because my head was extremely low when she started calling out for volunteers.lol. We had an early lunch of kebah near UTC, as our lecturer was busy. So lesson was moved to later time. Lesson went on till 6p.m. It was already a few minutes past 6, that Henri-Pierce still showed and explained to us tools that had been modified by his students. -.- We then rushed back to hostel and had spag as dinner. Amy and Joanne came to our room to have dinner. After, they were gone, we then started preparing our speech. But... I was very tired. So, I went to sleep at 11p.m without drafting out any speech. It was the first time that I have no sense of urgency for presentation. lol.

GSS_100608

At the Town hall


At 7am, I had my bread with nutella as my breakfast. We then went back to school for lesson. It was super slack day! Because we requested to do research for our presentation, so the lesson time was spent in computer lab. ^^ Janet, Gin Jin and I had a small discussion with the professor. It was a super tiring and boring session! -.- He was a very implicit person. We need to request for our leave to allow other group to discuss with him, or else I think we will stay and talk for 2 or 3 hours. lol. After that, we had the lesson with the reading from the slide lecturer. So through out the lesson, basically, I was stoning and sleeping. We then had our lunch. After finishing the food I brought from hostel, Janet and I went to buy fries! Yummy!!! Amy had bbq beef with fries. Lesson back in school again-Design product and culture! -.- We thought that that's all for the lesson. But... it's not! We still need to go to the town hall to meet the mayor of compiegne. That marie-Christine (witch) said that the mayor loved speaking to Singaporean. But... in my point of view, I do not think so. Throughout her entire speech, it was all in French!!! Furthermore, she mentioned this sentence: " Don't understand also nevermind" that pissed me off as at that time I was already very hungry. It was like no point at all to come, because we cannot understand a word. what a waste of time. Luckily, there was refreshment if not I think I will be on "fire" le! lol. Gin Jin and I then went back to eat junk food, while Janet had her maggi mee. ^^ After GinJin bathed, we then went back to school to continue our presentation on Italy. We do up the slides effortlessly and then printed them out. Omg! I left my thumbdrive in school!!!. hai! What a day!

GSS_090608

Château de Compiegne
I woke up up at 4.58a.m.-.- It was super early! haha. So I continued lying in sleeping position until my alarm clock rang at 6a.m. I had the apple pie that Janet and I bought to share and bread with nutella spread. We then set off to school to do research on our presentation. Soon, it's lesson time. As usual, lesson was boring and my mood wasn't at its best because I need to sit beside HT. Well, it was surprising of me to stay quite energised during lesson. lol. After lesson, I had bread that brought from hostel for lunch. After that, we had a visit at another castle of Napolean III, Château de Compiegne. It wasn't as great as the castle of Versailles. Anyway, there was not much thrill and excitement looking at such building anymore as compared to the time when we first reached France. haha. After a guided tour around the castle, we went back our hostel as fast as we could. We had maggi mee for dinner and then we went back to school to use computer. At 11p.m, we were back at our hostel doing some washings and tried the wine we bought the other day. Due to the lack of experience, we bought creme de fruit instad of real wine. The taste was very funny. In the end, we had to pour the drink back into the bottle. lol. We then went to sleep.
Reflection of the day: Today, it was not a very good day again. I kept "shooting" Janet over little thing, I hope these did not irritated her much! Sorry and Pai seh, Janet. I think the problem lies mainly on me. Also, I was surprised by the entry posted by some of the ah siaos regarding their trip. Hope everything will be fine eventually.