MISS TAY BLOGSPOT

mY jouRney mY Life... that's wHO i aM... tHe footpRinTs left Behind...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

GSS_020608-040608

GSS_040608

Bubble madness

POP Champagne!

At the Pommery Cellar with Sabrina

The angmo kia was SO CUTE!!!

Look!!! The status behind is Joan of Arc holding a broken sword=(

I woke up early as usual to prepare myself. We met the rest at 7.45am at the lobby to get ready to set off at 8am for REIMS - The Capital of Champagne. Today, that "witch" -Marie-Christine will be coming along too. The hospitality to us wasn't as good as the Americans. All of the sudden, I started to miss the life at Troyes and the teachers over there! Argh! It took about 2-3hours to reach REIMS. We had a visit at Pommery cellar. The storage of wine was deep underground with a depth of 30m. It was super cold there. We had to walked a flight of 116steps and then climbed up the same number of steps. T.T lol. After the climbing, it's champagne tasting.hoho.=) I bought a pink "POP" that cost 11euro70centimes. After that, we started touring around REIMS. The place wasn't as interesting as expected. We went to the Cathedral. It was boring because we cannot hear what the tour guide was saying at all. What made me feel very angry was that the witch and her helper teacher kept giving translation to the Americans and simply disregard our presence.-.- Anyway, we bought some gold coin souvenirs and had Baguette as lunch. I missed my Mummy's cooking all of a sudden. After the tour, we were being sent back to our hostel. It seems nothing much to do over here. It wasn't as happy compared to Troyes. We went back to school to check result. I was super worried about my CBC211, the subject I think those who knows me knew that I dislike that module the most. haha. To my surprise, I didn't scored as bad I thought I would have. I gotten a B-for that. This semester was a complet disaster for me and I am glad that I have gotten an average B and a pass for physic! ^^ We went back after that, I ate a banana for dinner. At around 10 plus, Nadiah and Delphine came to our room for a chat. Then, a prank doorbell came. It was done by Hanteng, Catherine and Amy. They were trying to scare us. -.-. After they went off, we continued chitchating about past. lol We ended up sleeping at 1plus. lol.


GSS030608

Kebah meal!

I woke up at 7.30 in the morning. The program over here always have lesson or trip as early as 8a.m! -.- I hate Tuesday the most! The entire day was filled up with lesson! It was super shag! My eyes somtimes find difficulties to stay open. lol. Today, I had lunch in the Unversity Restuarant. It was even worse than UTT. The food I ordered turned out to be beef with a lots of potatoes balls. I ended up eating a lots of potatoes. Eeek... It was a bad lunch! =X At 2.30p.m, we had french lesson with this woman, Anna Le Verger. From the start of the lesson till the end, she spoke no English but French. For a person like me who only has a little drop of french basic learnt at UTT, I was completely lost. I think I kept giving her a blank look. =X After that, we still need to sit in and listen to presentation done by some UTC student. My eye lid were super heavy as they gave their speeches. It was really a mental tolerant test for me. It was almost 8 when everything has ended. By then my stomach has already been growling hard due to the lousy lunch I had earlier - Potatoes balls. ZzzZ. We went to tabao Kebah that was recommended by 2 UTC Students. They were very friendly. We had dinner with them in a open space outside UTC. I can tell you that the environment was frezzing cold. The Kebah was nice! The 2 UTC friends even offered to send us back by their cars. We then got back and went to bathe. Not long, Nadiah clinque came to our room and we started gosisping and had a session of what is good characteristics you want to find as boyfriend. lol. It was a long chat! We slept ard 2am or 3.


GSS_020608

DisappointingThe yummy bakery!!
The meeting place

Town center of Compiegne

The stained glass of the Cathedral

Group Photo
Gals smile please! lolThe professor that kept tagging with camille Woo~~
The 2 French guys will be coming to NTU for exchange!

Under the tree...

We had a good breakfast provided by UTC. At 10 am, we met the group of UTC students who were with us during last night dinner. They were here to bring us to school. At the first sight of the school, it was a great disappointment. lol. It looked old compared to UTT. Also, our classroom was located at the top - level 6 of Room A617. We were new, so we didn't know that there was a lift that we can assess. Well, we used the stairs! The welcoming session was boRing! All of us were given a bag that contain a "mini shirt" and the various program sheet that we will need during our program over here at UTC. Soon, it was lunch time. We were all brought to this boulangerie. The sandwiches over here were super nice and Yummy! I think i will miss it very much when I get back to Singapore. Nadiah and I shared une long tuna Baguette and une Pain au Chocolate. I loved the chocolate in the pastry!^^ After lunch, we met up with the Sabrina and Noella below the bridge of UTC for a guided tour of the town center. Luckily, that unfriendly, old and fierce woman, Marie Christine wasn't there. lol. The weather here was even colder compared to Troyes. Furthermore, there was slight drizzle on and off that made me feel even colder. During the tour, we went to a meeting venue of the town center hall in Compiegne. All of us were siting at the council chamber and the tour guide was just standing in front of the seat of the mayor. She then started a long story about French history. And of cos, the history of this lady, Joan of Arc, since Compiegne is the important city where she got captured and was burnt to death after she was escorted to England. I dozed off at certain point during her talking. lol. After that, we went for a town tour. It was good over here because the town center was just within walking distance, unlike at Troyes. Almost every sculptures of every building, there will be a story or a description attached to it. Of all that I could remember was that big chime on top of the town hall. It will chime once, then twice, then thrice and end with 4 times plus a big loud "Gong". In midst of the tour, we passed by quite a handful of Joan of Arc status. We even went to the church she went to pray before her defeat in Compiegne. At 4p.m, we were released. And it's food shopping time for us again at MONOPRIX. After that, we headed back and got ourselves prepared for the evening party. We were told that jeans were not allowed. -.- We were all quite well-dressed. But... In the end, it wasn't necessary to be well-dressed. I was quite pissed and hungry! Almost all of us were hungry when we reached the venue - Abbaye de Royallieu. Guess what the food was???!!?? Sandwiches. Oh man! When it's okay for us to start digging in for the food, we were like "hungry ghost" dashing for food. Intially, I thought sandwiches weren't filling, it has proven me wrong. It was tasty and filling! I had lots of salmon sandwiches. We then explored around the place and took photos. We were told that the place was once belonged to CHANEL. cool! lol. After a short walk, we came back seeing dessert being displayed out. WOW!!! Chocolate Eclair!!! We had opportunity to talk to some professor and americans. The whole party ended quite late. Gin Jin, Janet and I were brought back to our hostel by this nice lady from UTC who is the in-charge of exchange student adminstration. Not long after we reached our room, we were off to bed.