MISS TAY BLOGSPOT

mY jouRney mY Life... that's wHO i aM... tHe footpRinTs left Behind...

Thursday, July 3, 2008

European Wonder_290608-030708

Singapore_030708_Changi Airport

My Mum's Curry Chicken and Vegetables
At last, we've reached Singapore safely. Thank you Qatar Airway. The most wanted voice to hear are my dear parent! =) As soon as i switched on my phone, my dad called and said that we did not land at terminal one, instead we are at terminal 3. lol. Getting down the flight, we went through the custom and to the baggage collection venue. After that, I went to buy wines that my mum asked me to purchase and also a perfume - CK summer. hehe. I am very happy to see both my parents waiting for me. haha. My dad carried that huge backpack and joked that i brought gold home. lol. It was super heavy and he said he cannot imagine how all the 4 of us managed to carry them. lol. Also, we happen to chance upon a show filming - love blossom I. We saw Felicia chen and Zhang yao dong. After Kpoing for awhile, we went to foodcourt to have some food. I had Fried Rice over there. After that, we went home. All of the sudden, the weather in Singapore was very hot. I pespired a lot that day.
London_020708
Breakfast at Bowen Court!!!"Mind the Gap"
Telephoning!
After Shopping at Marks and Spensors
Packing is tiring!!! -.-
Our last day Lunch!!! Pizza On the plane...
It was our last day oversea and the place we are at now is London! Early in the morning after we had our breakfast, we went to purchase more stuffs that we have missed. And most importantly to spend all the money left. After that, we went back to pack all our stuff and we were all ready to set off the London Heathrow Terminal 3. Before boarding the place, we had our lunch over at the cafe. Janet and I shared a pizza and a banana. At 3pm london time, we were on Flight 12! We are now on our way to Doha transit. On the plane, we have 2 meals! omg! haha. It was a lot! Very filling! The transit time this time round was less than an hour, we were a little rush then. But we managed to catch our flight 638 that took off at 0040 doha time. I am very confused with the time changed. haha. Anyway, I have my watch tuned back to Singapore time. During the journey, most of the time I spent were sleeping, lesser part on movie watching. lol. We reached Singapore at 1350.

European Wonder_010708_Amsterdam; Brugge, Belgium & London

The toilet in the room, the shower place in the toilet too but it kept flooding. -.-In the room of Hans Brinker HostelBreakfast at Hans Brinker Hostel
Leaving Amsterdam!!!!Brugge, Belgium!!!
Belgium Chocolates!!!!
Soon after breakfast, we were on our way to historical Brugge, Belgium, leaving Amsterdam.We were given very little time over here. We took quite sometime to choose our Chocolates and we don't have enough time for a proper meal somewhere. We told that their waffles and fries were the best! Well, there will still be a chance for me to travel here again, I am very sure I will if I have the money. I am very unhappy during the purchase of the Belgium's chocolates. I was only told the amount of money I need to pay after I have already done my payment for the chocolates for my family. I might have been too excited over the chocolates that I have missed out what Janet might have told me regarding the prices of the chocolates for friends. Excitement sometimes can really make me lose my initial focus. I am really on the verge of despair then, because almost all of the euros left has been spent on the chocolates I have chosen. Those other money left were suppose to buy postcard too, but after paying for those chocolate meant for friend I zero euros left, I am also indebted with Janet. It was super er xin one, cos I am that type of person that do not like to owe people money or people who owe me money. Maybe it is a family discipline always mentioned by my dad since young. Well, I am actually very reluctant to share the chocolate for the friends part, cos we have already purchased some to those very close friend back in France. And it makes no sense to actually buy chocolate to those friends whom I seldom see, maybe once or twice in Party. Furthermore, those money for gifts are actually meant for Family, especially my mum who lent me money for the extended holiday. Well, I should not have brood upon it anymore as what is done has already been done. No postcard, No waffles and Fries for me in Brugge, Belgium, that was it. On the bus, I just cannot hold my tears, it just kept flowing. I am angry with myself for not able to clarify out loud of what I want and dun want. I am angry with myself for not having enough wealth and that has made me to become so calculative over such stuff. I am angry with myself... ... angry... ... That moment was super terrible. I think Janet who was sitting beside me got quite shocked! I am sorry Janet for such behavior! After sometime, my mood got better. In the next trip, I would want to get myself financially equipped, so that I could buy what I want and enjoy the time I have oversea. Our coach bus then head towards Calais. We are sort of back to France again! lol^^ It's the third time?!? Over there, we bid goodbye to our driver Barry. It was a very sad moment. We had a foursome hug together. lol. The cross-channel ferry took us back to Dover and then onto London. I had some seasickness pill before the ferry took off. haha. So this time round it was not very bad. haha. The custom over to London was very strict. They asked a lot of question such as why are u on this trip?; who support u for the trip?; etc. We took the bus again that brought us to Globetrotter Inn, Stamford Brook at around 6p.m. It was a very long ride too. -.- It's time to say goodbye again. We bid Goodbye to Blake and Nookie. Also, thanks them for being such good guides. We then dragged our super heavy backpack up onto our shoulder and off we went to our accommodation at Nortingate - Bowen Court. Luckily, we have already done our homework. It was effortless to locate the place but great effort to carry the stuff we have! After checking in, we were all very shag! We took a bath, packed our stuff and went to sleep.

European Wonder_300608_Amsterdam, Netherlands

Our Bicycle tour!!!!
I love sunflower!!! hehe^^We are at the building where Anne Frank stayed in the room
We are sitting on the homo-Triangle. lol.
Tap for drinking!!!Saw the windmill at far sight?!?!Huge chess game play!!!A photo with our driver, Barry!!!!Sea Palace
The food we had at the Sea Palace
Library?!?
Inside a space study corner
Dam Square
Yummy Frites!!!!=)

After breakfast, we prepared ourselves for the bicycle tour! Nathalia was unable to join us as she ate soft drug the night before in the coffee shop - Bulldog. It is known that Amsterdam has a policy of tolerating the sale and the use of soft drugs. So, we were made aware of, hence we try not to go to those places. haha. Bike tour was great! It's a great way to see Amsterdam! We passed by a lots of places such as Dam Square, the Royal Palace, Anne Frank's House, Rijks and Van Gogh Museum. We even saw a mud tennis court. lol. Took quite a few photos during the bike tour. It's quite dangerous to cycle in Amsterdam especially to newbies like us who have only set foot not a day yet to venture on the road. The road of Amsterdam is also very interesting. They have 3 lanes. Normally, our 3 lanes are all meant for cars or buses. However, not in Amsterdam, one red lane is for bikes, one lane for cars and another for pedestrians. It's interesting. I have had a small accident, as I lost control at a point of time and I banged onto someone. That was due to the steep humpthat really required a lot of strength for me to paddled in order to get over the hump easily. I have had little scratches. lol. I am quite pissed with SJ who kept nagging non-stop. She kept boasting around the amount of research she have done on the internet during our summer studies back in France. Well, I mean, since so prepared just go ahead and complete those stuffs she have planned for herself, why making us follow what she intend to go. I didn't say much though, I just follow. Actually, we intend to visit Anne Frank's house, but the queue was too long. It would be interesting to have actually went into the "room" in which Anne Frank suffered at. Walking on the Street of Amsterdam was very cooling! I enjoyed the weather there. We then went to shop for nice stuff along the flower Market. I bought a tee over there with SJ. After that, we walked around till it was time to meet up with the rest for a farewell dinner at a chinese restuarant - Sea Palace. The food were good, but serving was small. haha. After that, the rest went for the canal cruise. We didn't. We ended up in the Library of Amsterdam. U would be amazed by the high technology of its library can have. haha. After that, we went walking around the street. 4 of us suddenly have the Fries crave, so we tried the Famous Fries of Amsterdam. It was indeed nice and slightly different. After that, we took a stroll back to our hotel before it turns too cold in the night.

European Wonder_290608_Amsterdam, Netherlands

Goodbye Germany! I'll be back for the German sausages!
Windmill!!! Big Clog shoes!

Clog shoes!
The machine that make cute clog!
High quality cheese!!!!^^
Moooo....
Burger King that has Ketchup for 0.50 euroTrain station of AmsterdamSlanted building
Bicycle Carpark

It's time to set off to Amsterdam, the party capital of Holland!^^ On our way into the city, we stop-over to watch cheese and traditional clog making demonstration. The cheese there are very yummy! How I wish I have bought some back! -.- The clogs there are even more interesting! haha. Soon, we reached our accommodation - Hans Brinker Hostel. After which, Nookie gave us a walking tour of her homeland - Holland. She mentioned that dutch people travel around 80% on their bicycles! They have different bikes for different purposes too. haha. Tonight, we are free to walk around because we did not join the red light district show. We only went into the red light district. We are all amazed that the women really stand in front of the window and behind her is a furnished room equipped with a bed and toilet. We are there early, so most curtain were drawn as it was not time yet to start business. Also, today is the final match to the EuroCup 2008 - Germany Vs Spain. It is very clear to know which bar or shop is supporting who. Flags of the supporting country can be seen. Also, most TV are all broadcasting the final match. The atmosphere was great! Back to our hostel, we went to the bar to view the last few minutes to the end of the match. It was super exciting. haha. In the end, Spain won by 1 to germany 0. We then went back to our room and enjoyed the cheap beers we bought at the supermart.We then took a bath and rest.

Basic Language to talk like the Dutch : Alstublieft (Please); Dank u (Thank you); Hallo (Hello); Tot ziens (Goodbye); Ja (Yes); Nee (No); Wat Kost? (How much?); Spreekt U engels? (DO u speak english?); etc.